Know any college students interested in marketing or social media? Please send them the job description below!
Marketade, an internet marketing and web development consultancy based in DC, is seeking 1-2 social media interns eager to gain real-world experience marketing companies through Twitter, Facebook, and blogs.
For each client we assign you to, you will play a key role in their social media efforts. Some of the things you’ll do are:
– Find informative articles and other content on the web and post about it on Twitter and Facebook
– Create Facebook pages from scratch
– Use Twitter search tools and techniques to find potential customers and engage in relevant conversations
– Think up ways to increase fans and followers
– Use social media tools to manage activities
– Use analytics tools to measure and report results
Some of the companies you might help:
– Home remodeler
– Regional gym chain
– Health care web app
– Food and beverage startup
– IT services company
We’re looking for someone who:
. . . can work remotely. We do have office space in the U Street corridor and we’d meet with you in person once in a while, but most of the time you’ll be telecommuting.
. . . likes working independently. This is a very hands-off role. We’ll give you guidance and goals, but for the most part we’re going to rely on you to make things happen.
. . . writes well and is not afraid of numbers.
. . . is passionate about social media marketing.
. . . is eager to gain real-world marketing experience and make a measurable impact.
The internship is unpaid, but the skills and experience you’ll pick up will be very valuable. Hours are flexible.
Interested? Please send your resume and a few sentences about why you’re interested to firstname.lastname@example.org