We’re seeking a UX/usability intern for the summer or longer. Job description below:
Here are some of the things you’ll do:
- Write scenarios and tasks for usability tests
- Recruit test participants
- Set up and moderate remote and in-person usability tests
- Create wireframes and prototypes for web pages, mobile apps, etc.
- Analyze test results, identify problems, and suggest solutions
- Iterate designs and messaging based on test results
- Identify potential clients for usability services
Here are some of the tools and services you’ll likely use:
- Optimal Workshop
- Mechanical Turk
- Google Analytics
Here’s our ideal intern:
- Super-excited about usability, UX, and the job description above
- Lives in DC metro area
- College student, grad student, recent graduate, or career changer
- Able to work remotely most of the time (our office is small)
- Can take open-ended projects and run
- Geeky enough to quickly learn new software and web tools
- Not afraid of walking up to strangers to recruit for usabilty tests
- Some experience with UX design
- Good writer and communicator
Pay is $10-$15/hour or commission-based or both – depending on experience, performance, and what you’re looking for.
Workload is probably 20 hours per week, but could be full-time if you make things happen.
This can be a summer internship or longer.