Persona Consulting Service
Tired of abstract personas that never get used? Partner with us to create personas based on UX research and a collaborative process we’ve perfected with companies like GEICO and Herman Miller.
How Herman Miller used “team sport” research to create personas
Herman Miller was preparing for an upcoming redesign of its Design Within Reach website. They wanted research-based personas to lay the foundation for their redesign efforts.
We interviewed 10 customers and shared the recordings with Herman Miller. We then led a 1-day on-site workshop to collaboratively create personas based on the research.
By participating actively in the research and persona creation process, the team walked away with a deep understanding of its customers and a set of personas that they will remember and use.
How a travel brand used personas and journey maps to build a 12-month product roadmap
- A $20 billion travel company was undergoing organizational change and needed a digital roadmap for one of its top brands.
- We brought members of their marketing, IT and creative teams on 3 travel agency field visits and 30 customer interviews. Then we led them through a workshop to develop 3 research-driven personas and journey maps.
- The team left with a unifying 3-year experience vision, a 12-month product roadmap, and a list of enhancements they’d never considered.
How real estate personas inspired a 180% conversion rate lift
- A regional real estate company saw a 60% drop in renter leads after a redesign. While their leasing agents had a clear picture of the target audience, the site’s designers and writers did not.
- We interviewed 5 agents and support reps to understand their renters’ behaviors, pain points, and questions. We prototyped 4 personas that we refined over time as we interviewed customers during UX testing.
- The new personas drove design and content changes, including 8 that we launched as A/B tests within a 10-week sprint. One of these tests increased the visitor-to-renter conversion rate by 180%.
How personas helped a cruise agency boost leads by 850%
- A world cruise is no ordinary purchase, often costing $50,000 per person. Cruise Specialists, which books more world cruises than just about anyone, was redesigning part of its site in hopes of selling more.
- Within 1 week, we created lean personas based on interviews with 4 of their top travel agents. Just about every design and copy decision flowed from the needs uncovered in the research — such as the finding that many world cruisers hate airlines and the hassle of long trips.
- Organic world cruise leads are up 850% since their redesign, and they keep growing.
Transforming the blog feedback cycle with target personas
- For 6 months, a content agency had been writing weekly blog posts for a wine furniture retailer. The client often gave the agency feedback like “I don’t like this paragraph,” leading to a contentious relationship.
- We introduced the agency to 6 research-based personas that we created for the retailer a year earlier. Then we suggested a new step: put the target persona at the top of each post draft.
- Reviewers started saying things like “The Casual Drinker won’t understand this …” or “Collectors won’t care about this topic.” Personas improved the content, the feedback, and the agency-client relationship.
Our Process for Persona Studies
We reach quick alignment on your KPIs, project goals, and users.
We send you a report that captures all research findings, personas, and next steps.
We facilitate a 1-day persona building workshop with your team. Currently all workshops are remote.
"A fantastic little agency that does amazing work."