Both my education and career trajectory have been one big experiment, and I plan to keep it that way for as long as I can. When I discovered the field of UX, I knew that it would be a perfect fit due to the diversity of paths that UX professionals have taken, and the iterative nature of the work. Because the focus is on human-centered design, this meant to me that I could take all my educational training and the years of work experience into this field and truly work to use empathy, design, and cultural competency to build solutions that matter. Marketade is a great place to bring my background to, and apply it to the exercise of designing products and services that make sense and offer value to our clients.
- Design Thinking Workshop. I helped facilitate an on-site design thinking and usability workshop for a boutique athletic club based in Chicago.
- Mobile Usability Testing. I moderated usability testing sessions for a Fortune 500 company to help them understand how clients are engaging with their mobile application.
- I worked hand in hand with the Office of Government Spokesperson for Rwanda to ensure that our communications strategy would optimize the Rwanda brand, therefore driving investment and contributing to image-building.
- I delved into my passion for education by designing educational workshops on Rwanda-centric topics for academic groups and by forging exchange relations between U.S based and Rwanda-based institutions of higher learning. I also used my background in career advising to support Rwandan students in the U.S.
- Prior to entering the diplomatic space, I worked for Heartland Alliance as a family reunification specialist. I worked hand in hand with counselors, teachers, and family members to evaluate the minors’ needs and make the appropriate release recommendations to all stakeholders, while also advocating for them to access legal, medical, mental health, and other necessary services.
- M.S. from University of Maryland, College Park in Information Management (May 2020)
- B.A. from DePaul University in Peace, Justice, and Conflict Resolution Studies
Outside the Office
- My husband and I enjoy cooking up a storm and hosting game night/dinner parties with friends and family. I just recently started documenting my recipes.
- When low on my social bandwidth I love to disconnect by reading and writing.
- I love the ability of connecting with people in their language, and in my perfect world, my work would take me around the world where I would get to learn as many languages and cultures as possible.
- Usability Testing
- Content Research
- UX Audits