Ongoing UX Research & Design Thinking Programs
Become a truly user-centered organization by building a scalable program of monthly or weekly UX research. Bring design thinking tools to teams across your company.
Examples of Our Programs
- For 8 years, Marketade has partnered with GEICO’s digital experience team on over 300 user research projects spanning many products, teams and methods.
- We’ve helped launch 5 ongoing research programs — for call center applications, cross-product content strategy, and live in-person testing with consumers.
- And we’ve facilitated over 100 research-based ideation workshops, bringing in-depth user exposure and design thinking to over 500 employees.
- We’re proud to have supported GEICO in making digital interactions “so easy a caveman could do it.”
Mid-Size: Nu Skin
- In early 2019, Nu Skin’s UX research “team of one” was struggling to keep up with growing requests from across the 4,000-person global company.
- Over a period of 5 months, Nu Skin’s UX team collaborated with Marketade to scale its user research efforts.
- We led 8 projects across a wide range of product and business units — including IA tree testing, competitive assessments, contextual interviews and usability testing with consumers and distributors.
- We also planned a global UX research program to support Nu Skin as it launches digital products in diverse international markets.
- With nearly 10,000 employees, Epsilon is the 5th-largest U.S. ad agency and a world leader in data-driven marketing. It works with 15 of the top 20 global brands.
- Epsilon first engaged Marketade in 2018 for usability testing of a large U.S. bank’s application flows.
- Since then, multiple Epsilon teams have partnered with us on UX research projects for their key clients.
- These include qualitative and quantitative usability testing for another large financial company and a 7-month user research program for a top 20 global pharma company with numerous brands and audiences.
“Marketade has been our partner for years. I say partner because that is what it is. It is a partnership. They provide us with research and analysis and we collaborate in order to implement the best possible solution for our stakeholders. They take our feedback to heart and in turn we make better decisions on our overall strategy.”
How Our Programs Work
Here are some common pieces of our research and design thinking programs, along with key implementation steps.
Identify teams and products for research. Define pilot and rollout strategy. Establish program team roles. Build buy-in from management.
Research cycle design
Determine study frequency and steps, method mix, topic selection process, and workshop options. Design a repeatable process. Assess and iterate.
Build or update personas. Create a recruiting strategy. Implement a screening process. Select a panel management tool.
Create an internal marketing site. Implement an email communication strategy. Identify champions and write success stories.
Define long-term business goals for program. Identify KPIs and quarterly targets. Launch monthly and quarterly dashboards.
Coach internal team members on research method selection, moderating techniques, workshop facilitation and more.
“Great team of professionals who really understand this space and how to make real progress.”
Benefits of Our Programs
Make research a team sport.
Move from executive summaries that sit on shelves to executive participation that drives UX change. Bring all types of people — from developers to marketers to lawyers — into the research analysis and design process.
Prove UX ROI to executives.
What’s the business goal? How will you measure success? Is tracking in place? We’ll help you implement a measurement strategy for every UX project, and regularly report on program KPIs.
Create a pipeline of smart experiments.
Frustrated by your lack of A/B test momentum? And implementing new designs that fail? Move past hunch-based experimentation, and unleash the best source of smart test ideas: user exposure.
Up your design team’s game.
Nothing improves the skills of designers faster than learning about the customer’s needs and watching users interact with their designs. Our collaborative approach brings your designers in on the action so they can grow.
Say goodbye to last-minute recruiting.
Tired of hunting for new users each time you want to do research? We’ll help you build a custom panel with hundreds of high-quality participants — on demand, and owned by you.
"A fantastic little agency that does amazing work."