Ongoing User Research Programs
If your organization values human-centered design yet struggles to meet the research needs of various product teams, Marketade may be the right fit for you. Over the past 13 years, a wide range of enterprise and mid-size organizations have partnered with us to build, scale, and run research programs that deliver insights, design thinking, and action.
Extend Your Research Team. Empower Your Product Teams.
Need a bigger in-house research team but can’t hire the researchers you need?
Through an ongoing retainer model, our small team acts as an extension of your product or UX organization. We’ll help teams across your company build better products through an in-depth understanding of your users.
From early-stage discovery studies to UX testing of existing products, we have a large toolbox to support your unique research needs. We’re also experts at recruiting hard-to-find users and facilitating research-based workshops.
Scaling User Research at GEICO
10 Years of Research
For 10 years, Marketade has partnered with GEICO’s digital experience team on 300+ user research projects spanning many products, teams, and methods.
5 Recurring Programs
We designed, launched, and managed 5 continuous research programs — for call center applications, content strategy, and in-person testing with consumers.
We facilitated over 100 research-based analysis and ideation workshops, bringing in-depth user exposure and design thinking to hundreds of employees.
A Custom Approach for Complex Products
Large user research platforms and big agencies can be a great fit if you have a broad consumer audience and need to crank out lots of similar studies.
If you have complex products and niche audiences — such as enterprise software for specialized professionals — you need a more specialized research approach. Because Marketade works with just a few clients at a time, we gain a deep understanding of your needs and customize the program for you.
“Marketade has been our partner for years and it truly is a partnership. They take our feedback to heart and we collaborate to implement the best solutions.”
Helping Thales Understand Enterprise Software Users & Buyers
Enterprise Software Leader
With 80,000 employees in over 50 countries, Thales sells products to governments and companies around the world. Its annual revenue is over $20 billion USD.
Product, UX, and innovation teams at Thales struggled to conduct research with actual users and potential buyers of its enterprise security software.
2 Years of Consistent Research
Over 2 years, Marketade led recurring studies to guide critical product and design decisions — from journey mapping to concept/MVP testing to UX testing.
“Great team of professionals who really understand this space and how to make real progress.”
How Our Programs Work
Here are some common pieces of our recurring research programs for mid-size and enterprise companies.
- Identify teams and products for research.
- Define pilot and rollout strategy.
- Establish program team roles and operations.
- Build buy-in from management.
Research cycle design
- Determine study frequency and steps, method mix, and initial study topics.
- Design a repeatable process for studies.
- Assess and iterate to continually improve the program.
- Build or update personas.
- Create a recruiting strategy for consumers or B2B audiences.
- Implement a screening process.
- Select a panel management tool.
- Create an internal marketing site for the research program.
- Implement an email communication strategy.
- Identify champions and write success stories.
- Define long-term business goals for the program.
- Identify KPIs and quarterly targets.
- Launch monthly and quarterly dashboards.
- Train and coach your teams on user research and design thinking
- Teach method selection, moderating techniques, problem analysis, solution ideation, and workshop facilitation.
How Banner Health Reached Consensus on Design Decisions with Recurring Research
A division of this 50,000-employee organization was struggling to align on design directions and digital priorities.
We built a program of recurring user research that created a shared understanding of users and their pain points.
Our collaborative approach helped the organization reach alignment on digital initiatives and design directions.
"A fantastic little agency that does amazing work."