Director of Client Impact
Director of Client Impact
I’ve been working on web and software projects since the early days of the world wide web, and through it all, I’ve been endlessly fascinated by human invention. My first office job was at an internet service provider where I learned the details of our intricate system for moving data around the globe. I was astounded by its complexity and reliability. However, I soon noticed that despite our creative problem-solving skills, we continually become so tangled in complexity and details that we forget to make things usable.
After that, I was drawn to work that makes our digital world a better place. I learned the best way to improve products and services was by observing people trying to do things, and asking them questions. These days, I’m thrilled to help Marketade’s wonderful clients improve their online spaces and meet their business goals in the process.
- I help grow and support our business by making sure our internal gears are running smoothly and that our clients are satisfied with the work we do.
- I manage our business partnerships with our larger clients so that our practitioners can focus less on process and more on doing great work.
- Throughout my career, I’ve had the good fortune to manage UX and other web-based projects with a number of household names like Google, Target, USAA, Autodesk, Williams Sonoma, and the National Park Service.
- I spent 2 years managing Adaptive Path’s Austin studio, which included managing the projects the team there worked on, as well as local and international events the team there held.
- I’m also proud to have managed and contributed to many projects with nonprofits and associations such as the Banner Alzheimer’s Registry, the Austin Library Foundation, the AFL-CIO, and Taxpayers For Common Sense to name a few.
- B.A. from The George Washington University in psychology
- M.A. from Texas State University in sociology
Outside the Office
- I live in the breath-takingly beautiful Pacific Northwest with my husband Michael and our elderly dog Cleo.
- We love to hike around in the Cascade mountains, visit the Willamette Valley wine country, and take long walks on the chilly Pacific Coast in Oregon.
- I’ve always been an avid reader and have read hundreds of books. I especially love science fiction. I enjoy audio books so much that I follow a few favorite voice actors on Audible.com.
Recent Articles on Medium
- When You’re in It for the Long Haul — Quick tips for managing productive long-term UX consulting relationships with enterprise clients
- 3 Ingredients for Effective Remote Collaboration on UX Projects — Critical considerations for successful remote UX projects with clients
- Solving a UX Consulting Roadblock — Unpacking expectations early so projects run more smoothly
- Client success and satisfaction
- Agency process and operations
- Project management
- Training and coaching